Australia Surface Mail

Started by ugly_90, December 30, 2019, 06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

I've ordered a rare Toyota repair manual from AUS, and the regular airmail wasn't punishing, as it would be on a larger item.

I checked through Australia Post's website, and like Canada, they still have sea shipping available for parcels up to 20kg. The maximum size for a parcel is limited though, but you may be able to fit within that while shipping.

A 20Kg parcel of the correct dimensions should come in at $155 CAD to Alberta from AUS. I note UK Royal Mail dropped surface shipping long ago.

It might be a chance to get a few smaller heavy used parts from AUS affordably.

Trevor

...or even new stuff. There's a pretty robust fabrication industry in AUS for 4 x 4 equipment.

That's good info to have. Thanks for passing it along!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

ugly_90

There's another tip along the same lines here. Years ago, I sold a batch of heavier test equipment to a guy in South Korea. He was stationed at a US airbase there, and paid for the shipping US mail. Because he was stationed at an overseas military base, his freight was nearly the same as the mainland US. You could use a friend in uniform for some of these bigger parcels. The USPS online calculator should guide you through this.