AE 4x4 winch challenge near Dalbeatie, Scotland

Started by binch, May 26, 2017, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

So...you think need 48" tires to go wheeling do  you.....   Have a look at 33's and a few winches.

Cheers, Bill

Trevor

It's cool watching that stuff. I honestly don't get the whole winch challenge appeal though as its not really about driving per se and picking lines. It's mostly about positioning for the next winch point.

But it is interesting as it does require planning and positioning for sure. Ultimately it falls back to winch speed and reliability and whose got the shortest vehicle. I think they restrict tire size for those events as well, no? They actually don't want people to "drive" the course, they want it to be about winching. It seems to be quite popular over in Europe though as I see a lot of similar type events in southern/central Europe.

But, its got 4x4's and stuff, so quite cool to watch nonetheless. If they could do it without the winch, THEN I'd be impressed!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

One thing I can really appreciate is the ingenuity these teams have getting through their courses.    After watching some of these people in past events I've learned a lot of techniques and tricks I never would have thought of before, and I can see some real world applications for them...but maybe not quite on that scale.    You can really see where experience pays off with some of these teams.

As for keeping it closed....hahahhhaa   No one in their right mind would go on this area to play without come back up LOL ;D
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

It's been a while since I watched any of these winch challenge videos, so I found one from the Crotia challenge on YouTube over the weekend. Those boys love their mud, and certainly appear to be enjoying themselves! Reminded me of some of the videos you see out of the southern US with the good old boys all gathered around the mud hole. I'm guessing there isn't a spot on those trucks, inside or out, that's not covered in something.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

That Croatia challenge is one tough event on machines...... ;)
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Don't let Emad see it or next thing he will want a 8x8 military truck!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.