Leaking in and output shaft and break issues

Started by Dutchie, July 04, 2022, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutchie

Good day everybody thought I ask if anybody has some seals  FRC1780 around they could share with me just sprung a heavy leak on both drive shafts.
In addition did breaks all around and bleeded them for hours but still have the problem that if I push the break pedal once I have nothing pump once I have full breaks.
Any ideas ?
And my 2006 Range Rover the sunroof pipe broke and i need to get into the driver side I have the 2 screws of the clutch cover but it is still hanging up on the middle console and I cant figure it out how to remove it fully.

Any and every help is appreciated.

Claus
1978 Series III LWT diesel
2006 Range Rover Sport

Red90

On the brakes it sounds like they are not adjusted or the shoes are not in correctly.

Red90

On the output seals.  Check to make sure that the breather is not plugged.  If they both started leaking, it is more likely the breather is plugged, causing the case to pressurize when the oil heats up.

I have a bunch of free time, for some reason, in a couple of weeks.  If you want a hand looking at the brakes, let me know. Happy to pop over.

Dutchie

Quote from: Red90 on July 04, 2022, 08:22 PM
On the brakes it sounds like they are not adjusted or the shoes are not in correctly.
Good morning John, thanks for getting back to me. I went through all of the adjustments and set the pads so they touching the drums slightly when I move the wheel but it did not make a difference
on how the break worked. Then I did bleed them again and that didn't make a difference. Do you think it could be the master break cylinder ? 
2006 Range Rover Sport

Dutchie

Quote from: Red90 on July 05, 2022, 07:42 AM
On the output seals.  Check to make sure that the breather is not plugged.  If they both started leaking, it is more likely the breather is plugged, causing the case to pressurize when the oil heats up.

I have a bunch of free time, for some reason, in a couple of weeks.  If you want a hand looking at the brakes, let me know. Happy to pop over.

The breather makes sense as I was stuck in deep mud again ( 1 m water running through the cap over the seat )  last year and was sitting in it for a while until they could get me out.
Shorted out my winch, seized my starter etc so it was sitting dirty for the winter and i am sure all the mud did try into all the breathers and before i had no issue with the seals.
So I check that out tonight.
In regards of help it is always welcome I buy the beer and sausages !!!  and if I get fixed by then you always welcome for a visit.
2006 Range Rover Sport

Red90

Quote from: Dutchie on July 05, 2022, 09:32 AM
Do you think it could be the master break cylinder ?

I doubt it.  Pumping up and then getting firm is the shoes moving out.  It sounds like a shoe retraction problem.  Maybe you have something together wrong?  What did you replace?

What I would do first is clamp off brake hoses and see if it is just one wheel or multiple ones.  I assume that all the brakes are the same.  The only difference is a larger piston in the front cylinders.

If you can take a photo of the shoes with a drum off, that might help to see if there is something obvious.

Dutchie

Got all new break kits and all of the breaks are new, cylinder, shoes, springs etc. I got it set up now that they are firm at the drum without any pressure.
Talked to a few other people and they think its my master as it keeps pressure if i don't let the break pedal all the way out.
Didn't have time to work on it last week witht hat nice weather it is outside work like fencing. HAHA
2006 Range Rover Sport