Does anyone know what this stuff is?

Started by dijansmith, May 14, 2022, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dijansmith

I have a ceiling flashing in my 2a four door that has a black tape like covering over it. It clearly was done at the factory and is black in color. It appears to have the elephant pattern.  Doe this material still exist anywhere?

Next, does anyone have any experience with COLD Galvanizing spray? My dad paint over ALL the Galvanizing on the windshield and the paint is coming off with an effort. I am thinking about just cold spraying it instead of sending it to have galvanizing. See attached pic of my windshield. I have removed more paint since I took the picture.

Please chime in...

binch

I don't know about the elephant skin covering....but get the part hot dipped galvanized and it will last another million years hahahhaahhah
Cheers, Bill

dijansmith

Odd eh??? It was sprayed or applied with a covering. I think this is not aftermarket and is from the factory.

binch

Quote from: dijansmith on May 15, 2022, 05:15 PM
Odd eh??? It was sprayed or applied with a covering. I think this is not aftermarket and is from the factory.

Factory...?   That would suggest a modicum of luxury wouldn't it?!   hahahhahahahaha ;D
Cheers, Bill