Jaguar E-Pace

Started by alany, May 18, 2018, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alany

It's not LR but still British and in the "family" so to speak but test drove the new Jag E-Pace today. What FUN vehicle to drive! It apparently shares the same platform as the Evoque but Jag changed the entire rear suspension (borrowed from the F-Pace) to enhance performance and boy for a CUV, this thing drives NICE (even compared to most higher performance cars). Steering feel is very BMW like and space is decent. Price point this thing is a fair bit less than an Evoque (Evoque starts at 66k, E-Pace starts at 42k and is fairly loaded already).

I'll take this thing over the Evoque any day. We test drove the Volvo XC 40 as well and that's a great choice too but it doesn't hold a candle to the E-Pace for driving pleasure. The dealership was even hinting the E-Pace is a better buy.

Trevor

Quite a sharp vehicle. I saw one the other day and was quite impressed by the overall look of the vehicle.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

alany

Yea a lot of folks were checking the car out when we were on the test drive. Probably not sure what it was. It has a nice growl to it (no pun intended).

Rambler

Interesting as I have been pricing one up on the jaguar Canada website.  Sadly the ones in Saskatoon are about 8 grand over the real price.  In the small print jag says local dealers may have their own pricing.  Looks more like local dealers are trying to fleece its customers.  If I were to get one I'd drive to Edmonton in protest.   :'(
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Trevor

Quote from: Rambler on May 19, 2018, 05:22 PM
Interesting as I have been pricing one up on the jaguar Canada website.  Sadly the ones in Saskatoon are about 8 grand over the real price.  In the small print jag says local dealers may have their own pricing.  Looks more like local dealers are trying to fleece its customers.  If I were to get one I'd drive to Edmonton in protest.   :'(

I don't know if this is still the case, but 10 years ago Calgary LR/Jag used to be noticably cheaper than Edmonton LR/Jag. Might be worth giving Calgary a call just to see how they compare to Saskatoon.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Rambler

Thank you Trevor. That is good to know.
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

alany

I used to get my LR3 serviced in Calgary (even though I'm Edmonton) as their door rate is lower than Edmonton's but I'm not sure that's still the same case. I did buy my LR3 from Calgary because it was cheaper compared to similar Edmonton units and they typically have more inventory.

As for Jags, the stocking inventory for E-Paces at Edmonton is more diverse. I noticed the Calgary stock is all spec'd at the higher levels so unless you custom build one, the Calgary units will cost more just because of how they're spec'd. I was told though that if we want a custom build E-Pace, it's a 4 month lead time. Mind you the Volvo XC40 is not much different. All their XC40's are sold so you'll have to order one and it's a Nov lead time.