Disco 11 winch bumper 11 - NA pickups NIL

Started by binch, April 24, 2018, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

A few years back the front left corner of the winch bumper had it's paint scratched by a NA pick up that was attempting to pass me on the shoulder on my left as we were merging onto the whitemud fwy.    He took off but not before we got his license #.   When I went to the police station (took me an hour to find one open on a Saturday morning) we explained that it was a hit and run.  The officer expressed his regret that we didn't get his plate.....  "oh, but we did!" we replied.   With a VERY big grin on his face he came out to inspect the damage to the disco 11's front winch bumper..."is that all?" he said bewildered at the small paint scratch.    I explained that my bumper had first made contact at the wheel well and didn't stop until the back of his box.   Long story short the trucks operator was given a formal invitation to the Policeman's "other" Ball.   From what I understand he had over $1200 in tickets coming his way.

Forward to today..... The better half and I were on our way home from picking her up at work.   A white pickup is in the curb lane to my right.   I see his indicator light come on, and he starts wondering into my lane.    Have a mentioned how much I used to love playing 'British Bulldog' as a child?   Well I did!   Lets just say the paint in now scratched off the winch bumper on the front right corner now.   Do the correct thing I pulled over to exchange "pleasantries".    The other lad got out of the truck after a few moments and as he did his truck started to roll away behind him.   Using my very "pleasant" voice I "suggested" he put his truck in park.    When he finally did come to the curb I "questioned" him on his notion of how two objects could possibly occupy the same space, such as he was attempting to do.   Seems he thought putting on his indicator gave him divine right to occupy my location.   Well it didn't!!!   And I "pleasantly" explained that to him. ::)     When it was all said and done I lost a bit of paint on my bumper and his bumper had a lovely 1/2 crease pressed into it's side for about 6", almost a perfect match for the shape of my bumper on the corner.   

I think my bumper is quite chuffed with itself now ;D

Oh...for those that are not familiar with the game "British Bulldog"  watch this - 
Cheers, Bill

camo388

The black team has a silver fern on the front of the jersey so they are New Zealand players.  The silver fern is for New Zealand in much the same way as the maple leaf is for Canada.

Trevor

There is a lot of that "I signal, therefore you are supposed to yield to me" silliness. These folks starting with the rather flawed premise that their plastic quarter fender is stronger than your bumper is indeed rather confusing.

Some days I long for my old '78 F250, simply for the fact that it had a massive bush-bumper that could go toe-to-toe with a moose and come out unscathed. That rig was great for holding lanes. 
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

Lol! Merge means everybody move over for me in some folks minds. That only really works if your driving a HGV though.

My best car was a rusty 1970 455cu" powered Buick Wildcat. Like "Moses through the Red Sea" in traffic. Nobody would come within ten feet of that thing.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on April 25, 2018, 10:32 AM
Lol! Merge means everybody move over for me in some folks minds. That only really works if your driving a HGV though.

My best car was a rusty 1970 455cu" powered Buick Wildcat. Like "Moses through the Red Sea" in traffic. Nobody would come within ten feet of that thing.

Rofl. I hear you. Had a 1970 Grand Prix myself. They couldn't get within 10 feet of me....that's how long the hood was! :)
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!