Galvanizing Run

Started by binch, February 07, 2017, 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

I've been chatting with Mike Heathcote and he's going to try and get an load together for the Galvanizers for mid march or so.   Soooooo.....if you have something needs doing let Mike know.     I have some stuff to add but I'll need it sand blasted first ;)
Cheers, Bill

Rambler

Hi Bill,

I have a windscreen surround (plus some small bits) to galvanize and there is no place local here in Regina,  if I can get this to Edmonton it would be great to include in his galvanizing run. 

Thanks.
Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

binch

Yeah, sure.  That would be fine.    Just wire up all the small pieces together so they don't get separated (big loom with a coat hanger or other heavy wire will work) and send it on down to me.    If it's painted I'll have it blasted with mine.  If it old galvanizing it goes straight to the galvanizer ;-)
Cheers, Bill

mike.heathcote

Hey All, 

I check the forum when I can, but if you need to contact me, the best way is with email: mike.heathcote@ama.ab.ca 

I talked to Damm Galvanizing yesterday, and was quoted $0.69 / lb, provided it's been prepped.  If you need (and if it fits), I can offer the trunk of my car to take it to and from the galvanizers - just get in touch and we can arrange pickup/drop off.  If you have a bigger item (bumper, chassis etc), you'll probably have to take it to the place yourself - we'll just tack in on as part of the club order. 

When we're closer in, I'll check in with everybody again to lock in the order and co-ordinate delivery.  We can settle the bills when I pick the parts up. 

As for the timeline... sorry - I know it's fairly short notice.  Reason being, is in order to get the parts off my truck, I need to thaw it inside the garage....which means moving the wife's car outside... so it needs to be warm enough for her - yet early enough that I don't miss any of the driving season.  :) 

Any questions, please let me know! 

Mike 

Rambler

Quote from: binch on February 08, 2017, 06:04 AM
Yeah, sure.  That would be fine.    Just wire up all the small pieces together so they don't get separated (big loom with a coat hanger or other heavy wire will work) and send it on down to me.    If it's painted I'll have it blasted with mine.  If it old galvanizing it goes straight to the galvanizer ;-)

Hi Bill,
this is very much appreciated, thank you.  The windshield frame is really the only thing I need doing, it has some horrible silver paint on that's flaking.  if this could be blasted with your stuff. that would be excellent.  How quickly would it need to be with please?  I have to remove the glass from the frame and it's still -20's here, so might not be until the weather turns warmer...

If I miss this run, I can always wait for next time :)

I have a couple of smaller bits that would be good to include too!

All the best

Ian

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

binch

shoot for the beginning of march ;-)
Cheers, Bill

Rambler

Ok, will do, thanks  :)

SOLD:

mike.heathcote

Hey All, 

If anybody has items they'd like sent off to the galvanizers, please make arrangements to get everything to Bill or myself on or before March 8th.  We'll be dropping everything at Damm Galvanizers before the end of next week. 

If you've got a bigger part that we can't haul, let me know and we'll meet you there when we drop the other bits off. 

Plan on about $1 per pound for the galvanizing, and extra (TBD) if you'd like them to blast the parts as well.  When we drop the parts off, we'll have a better idea on the blasting rates, but I suspect they're in the same ball-park as most other places. 

Thanks, 

Mike