New mods for off-road new comers

Started by B-Red, October 12, 2015, 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

I got this photo from my young cousin in Dubai. Promises to be effective In the sand doones.

Food for thoughts..... 8)

binch

The juke needs all the help it can get off raod ahhahahahahahha
Cheers, Bill

headdamage

Buy some for your rover, I'd love to see how these work.

B-Red

Another mod surfaced from the archives...very manageable I say for abandoned railroads travel.

Already a Rover

Good-Lord.

Although, I can tell you there is not a lot you can do out there, so I guess if you have billions....

Jim

B-Red

1886. Bertha Benz riding first model car for Benz.
Big wheels, mechanical steering. Humanity started developing off-roaders from day one.
A tricycle too.

Matt H

Unless they were cobbled, all roads were dirt roads back then. You can find archivel photos of Ford model T's in the most unlikely of places that some internet off-road heroes would insist that a only a "built" truck with front/rear lockers and 37" tires could reach.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Have a look in the archives for the first cars coming up from Toronto to Gravenhurst or Bracebridge!!!   Until then the only access was a train and the only people who could afford a cottage up there were the likes of Mrs Eaton (of Timothy Eaton department stores).   when they got there they had a private 120ft steam launch there to take them to their cottage.    And that was barely 100 years ago.  "Dr Livingston I presume?" ;D
Cheers, Bill