Wheels

Started by Lightningpower, March 29, 2016, 11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightningpower

Hey I'm wondering if anyone has some spare wheels with crappy rubber for super cheap or for loan. I bought a LR with no wheels that's up on blocks and I'd be much happier if it was on wheels or blocks at my house instead of where its at.
Thanks,
Chris

Already a Rover

Yup, I've got a set.  I won't need them again until the Fall.

Jim

camo388

Where are you and where do you need to move LR from and to?
I have wheels with decent tires I could loan or wheels only.  Wheels only are 5.5" wide so best for 7.50 x 16 or metric equivalent.
I'm near Drayton Valley.

Bruce

Red90

Edmonton.  If you click on a user's profile, you can see their location if they entered it.

Lightningpower

Thanks for the reply's. This is a great group. I need to move it from the Wetaskiwin area to Edmonton. Drayton could be a bit far, but I sure won't rule it out. Steve Williams has offered me the use of some rims, but without rubber, I could damage them going up the trailer ramps. Don't want to do that to Steve's rims!

Already a Rover

Okay, see if you can sort something out there - I'm in Calgary.

Jim

Gardenome

My tires and rims are off atm as I work on my axles. You could borrow them for a bit if they'll work. I'll take pics when I get home. 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gardenome

I live in St. Albert but work just north of millwoods.

A couple weeks loan would be ok with me.

Ian
780-289-0620

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightningpower

Thanks Ian,
I just need two. The rear axle is fine, but the previous owners 'friend' came along and disassembled much of the front assembly. I'm going to have to come up with another way of getting it to roll. If I put wheels on the front, I think they'd pull the whole hub assembly apart.

camo388

There is a fellow on Rover Landers in BC selling 109 parts.  Down sizing house so needs to get rid of parts.  See he is offering wheels.
http://www.roverlanders.bc.ca/roverforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8598

Lightningpower

Thanks Gardenome! I have two wheels to get me going. Is there a way to remove the thread now that it's task is complete?