Looking for Anti-Roll Bars complete for defender - used

Started by jybella, January 29, 2016, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jybella

I am looking to fit Anti-roll bars front and back to a  Defender, understand that Disco 1 nd RR Classic will fit. I am in Edmonton. Let me know if you have takeoffs or what ever.

Thx Jim

binch

Check with Malcalm Engleman out in Onoway (he's in the phone book).  He has a few rrc's out there you might be able to pirate ;-)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

One thing to check is if your axles have the brackets.  If not, you will need to weld some on.

binch

Cheers, Bill

jybella

No but I am thinking that it will take the lean out of it. I put new springs in but it still has a lean to the drivers side (right hand drive)

Any thoughts?

binch

how about swapping the springs side per side..?

Dumb question but is the lean equal front and back (bump stops to axle)?
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Sway bars will not affect a static lean. You need to measure the height and the length of the springs unloaded and move them to get things as good as you can. The springs are different lengths on purpose to help level things.

If that does not get you far enough you can use packers in the springs.

jybella

I think i need the packers as the new springs were different lengths, Bill can you help with a part #?

Trevor

If you got new LR springs they should be color coded, and the colors do match positions...want to know how I know :)

I replaced mine in my Defender and got the rear pair backwards. Made a very noticable difference once they were swapped to the proper config. I could even use a small spacer still on the one side, but its not too bad.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

You already have the long springs on the low side?

ANR2398 are discovery isolators that will act as a 10mm spacer.  They are the easiest to use. Won't work for 110 rears though. ARB does packers for those.

jybella