Wanted - Series IIA Inner Fender

Started by SpeedyJ, January 26, 2016, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyJ

A coworker of mine is turning my old NADA parts truck into a SBC/Toyota axle project. Most of the body is complete, but the front right passenger fender was missing. He's obtained the outer skin, but is still missing the inner portion.

Let me know what you've got and what you think it's worth.

Cheers

Jeff

Red90

Not sure you can use the inner fenders with an SBC.  Might want to wait until he is further down the rabbit hole....  88Hillman has a 2A with an SBC (in Calgary).  Might want a talk or look.

SpeedyJ

Good point, I'll mention it to him. I suspect that whatever he gets will just be a starting point, they might be difficult to recognize by the time he's done with them.

camo388

I have a Series II or IIA fender.  The fender is in 3 pieces.  An outer side, the top and an inner side.  A previous owner has cut out a small portion of the inner side, along the bottom. 
If need be it would be very simple to make up a new inner side as mostly flat. 
If you want I can also give you enough aluminum sheet material to make a new side.  Aluminum is from an old holiday trailer and the same thickness as fender.
I'll get out and get a picture and post later.

SpeedyJ

That sounds perfect. It turns out he only has part of the outer skin (the part with the wheel arch), but not the top, inner or front (where the headlight would go on a Series III).

Send me a PM with your location and how much you'd like for it.

Cheers

Jeff

camo388

Hello Jeff,
Here are pictures of what I have.  Fender is from a 2 as headlight are in breakfast ahead of rad.
As you can see wheel arc side is damaged and front is cut off at turn signal lights. 
However inside panel is fine except cut along bottom edge.

PM sent

Bruce