galvanize fuel tank guard for 110's

Started by binch, June 26, 2015, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

I got an email this morning and apparently I have a brand new, Edmonton built fuel tank guard on my 110, already for the AMT trip at the end of July.    We've been waiting for the galvanizers to finish their dipping and it looks really good now!  Bert has out done himself with this puppy!  No maybe I'll keep my tank capacity at 75 litres from now on ;-)   

Big thanks to Trevor for his assistance with this project.      Now...I think Emad and Jeffrey are on the is aren't they  ;)

I'll try and get some pics loaded later today....
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Great news Bill. I have been waiting to get one on my 110. Do you know what is the weight of the assembly?

Trevor

That's good news Bill!

Looking forward to seeing how these turned out. I'm sure Bert did a bang-up job on them though.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Quote from: B-Red on June 26, 2015, 08:25 AM
Great news Bill. I have been waiting to get one on my 110. Do you know what is the weight of the assembly?

Nope, they aren't light but they are good and sturdy!!!   Most of the weight is in the plate itself....go by the shop and have a look ;-)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Does nobody in Edmonton own a camera?   :-*

binch

I have a couple of pics of it installed.  Just have to upload them from my email.   Will get at it right after dinner  ;)
Cheers, Bill

binch

Okay, these are the only pics I have right now....especially since I'm still in the UK.    If anyone is interested I'll post all the details on in the "parts forsale" section  ;)

bomber!!!
Cheers, Bill

binch

Hi Folks!

Just got back into the country yesterday and now dealing with all the emails and stuff that had to wait until I returned home.   

I got a couple more pics of the 110 fuel tank brackets for you now too. 

Cheers, Bill

KIDD67

Can we now get one designed and fabbed up for the 90's?

Red90

Quote from: KIDD67 on September 01, 2015, 07:44 AMCan we now get one designed and fabbed up for the 90's?

Lots of choices out there for 90 tank guards.  It is not nearly as exposed as a tank on a 110.
http://www.paddockspares.com/pm748-def-90-fuel-tank-guard-galvanised-steel.html

B-Red

I have to acknowledge here that this local fabrication process is very exciting. We used this tank guard on the trip and we can endorse its quality and its performance.
We saw the catastrophic failure of the Diff guard on Jeffery's truck. I have the new Terrafirma one ready for install, but want to review its design with Bert to see if it can be improved.

I would encourage the group to identify items that they wish to develop locally to see if it can be done in patches locally. We have all kinds of fabrication shops here that can manufacture such products.