1980 Bedford TM, $7800

Started by ugly_90, September 20, 2015, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

Found this one in Edmonton, appears to be in very good shape. Surprisingly, its Alberta road registered and plated. Still slow though. Would be great for Grande Prairie, no room to park it though. Can't get very far at top speed either. May be a better buy for someone considering a forward control. Heavier all around..

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-trucks/edmonton/military-truck/1102881399

binch

Looks like an infamous Avro rebuilt engine.
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on September 20, 2015, 09:22 PM
Looks like an infamous Avro rebuilt engine.

Those were bad engines were they?
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Rumour has it (and I had one of them) they were 'less then stellar' in the quality of rebuild.
Cheers, Bill

camo388

It's in Rocky Rapids.  In my neck of the woods.  Too bad I have no interest in such a large truck as I wouldn't have far to go to check it out.
Someone must have a passion for Bedford, as I remember one in this area a few years ago, mostly tan though.

binch

I'm surprised we aren't getting some nibbles from the expats ahahhahahhahahahha ;D
Cheers, Bill

ugly_90

... I thought Emad would have an offer in by now. Maybe he'll take two Discos on trade...

Matt H

IIRC the 8 tonne's had Cummins engines and could go a fair clip. Certainly over 100-110 kph. Nice units. Make a great camper/extended expedition rig.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Johno753

Could park a 101 on there nicely

camo388

Quote from: Johno753 on September 23, 2015, 04:54 PM
Could park a 101 on there nicely

Someone should put that idea to Yoda.  ;D  save him pulling a trailer for his 101.  ;D ;D

B-Red

Ok guys. I am holding off really nice. No need for temptation here. It's a beatiful unit. No quarrel there. Cummin Engine. Not bad.
Loading it with s 101 to cargo around means it can carry a Disco and pull the trailer behind with the Defender. This is very very tempting.

Do you need an upgraded license to drive those?

Red90

Emad. I think you should go and buy one of Ivor's 101s. Look good in your collection.

Trevor

All you need is a normal class 5 for those Emad. 3 axles requires a different license (class 3)
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

B-Red

I can't fit in a 101. Otherwise, I would have got one.
Class 5 not bad. Got one.
Now the question is would it hold all the way down to the Moab!!!

Matt H

The 8 tons had air brakes if I remember right? So that would require a class 3 licence with air endorsement.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.