Just found this ad. on kijiji, series 2

Started by Rambler, July 22, 2015, 10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Hi I just found this on kijiji.  I dont know if there are forum members near grande prairie who might be interested in purchasing the land rover .  I'm looking for a good rear tub if someone was to need other parts from this vehicle.  Bit far from me in Sask. else I'd be on my way to get this.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/land-rover-series-body-and-parts/1088799643?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

camo388

Rambler,  PM sent,  I maybe able to help.

Bruce

Rambler

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

ugly_90

I visited it. Seller was reasonable. The wreck has a good, straight rust free tub, good roof and sides, good glass all around. Appears to be  a straight hood.

The engine is missing. The axles are missing. The fenders are shot. The frame is rusted through and bent. The bulkhead is badly rotten. Gearbox and tcase have been sitting for decades and are both likely failed.

$500 and you take it all away. And yes, you pay him. Not the other way around.

I took photos, but will not be taking the effort of a return trip there, hauling or otherwise.

Rambler

Many thanks for taking the time to take a look and the update re that series 2. 

SOLD:

ugly_90

Looks like I may be taking a trailer empty from GP to Edmonton. I have photos of this Series 2 88 wreck. Any takers at $500 plus towing costs?

camo388

Not for me.  I got those LR parts for free from Princeton and that frame was less work to repair then the one Craig already had.
At present, no need for other Series parts.

Thanks for thinking about us,  :)   Bruce

binch

Quote from: camo388 on August 16, 2015, 11:25 AM
Not for me.  I got those LR parts for free from Princeton and that frame was less work to repair then the one Craig already had.
At present, no need for other Series parts.

Thanks for thinking about us,  :)   Bruce

Speaking of which....the frame has been sand blasted and is into the galvanizers as we type  ;)
Cheers, Bill