For sale 1974 Series 3 short wheel base - SOLD

Started by Rambler, July 08, 2015, 06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

1974 Series 3, 88 inch hard top, 2.25 petrol engine, left hand drive
Vehicle Serial # (VIN): 25903460B      50,269 miles on odometer

Asking price is $8,000

Selling to concentrate on the frame up rebuild of my Series 2 Land Rover.

I bought this truck last year and have spent time going through fixing minor problems and replacing leaking seals, so that it can be a fun and reliable daily driver.  It is on the road and currently plated in Saskatchewan.  The Land Rover spent most of its life on a golf course and the frame and bulkhead reflect this and are solid/sound.  I had one repair made to the chassis last year (welded area supporting the rear spring hanger), after which the chassis was cleaned, wire brushed, rust proofed and painted.   The bodywork is mostly straight and to my knowledge has not been filled.  The last owner had fitted in the previous 3 years: a new fuel tank and fuel pump, exhaust, carburettor, distributor/points, Rocky Mountain parabolic springs, shocks, bushings, halogen headlamps, and new brakes all round.  He also resprayed some of the bodywork (not the rear door or door tops) in the original Marine Blue colour, and the hardtop in limestone.

Since I have owned the truck I have replaced/renewed:

New deluxe style drivers and passengers seats
Rear brakes, including new copper-nickel lines and hoses.
Rocky Mountain spin on oil filter adapter (will include original canister hardware in case you want to revert to original fitment)
New speedo drive cable
New transmission brake shoes
Rear output seal replaced
Rear hub seals
New axle breathers
New heater/radiator hoses and overflow bottle
New horn
New multi-function indicator stalk (Lucas)
New rear view mirror
New washer motor, lines and washer jets
New wiring harness in engine compartment including fitting battery top fuse and fusible link wiring to permanent live circuits.  Updated wiring locally, replaced bulbs and hazard flasher relay.

Other maintenance includes oil and filter changes, replacing differential, gearbox and transfer case fluids and tops ups to other areas, new coolant and brake fluid.

The previous owner fitted Discovery alloy wheels to the Land Rover and LT235/85 R16 tyres.   I can include those with the sale or the original 15” steel wheels and tyres if a classic look is preferred.

Contact me by email coulsonster@gmail.com
with any questions.  Truck is located in Regina, SK.

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Rambler

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Johno753

Rambler

Hi Johno753, thanks for your interest. 
sadly yes for less than I was hoping, but it needed to go.  It's off in a couple of weeks to North Carolina.  The new owner is just arranging shipping and import stuff.

SOLD: